Select a Category:
Mariana Jewelry |
Old World Christmas Ornaments |
SPECIALS: Free shipping on Baja Boots and Mocs **
$5.00 shipping on Children's Glitter Moccasins**
Glühwein - German Mulled Wine Recipe
This is a German version of mulled wine.
* 4 quarts dry red wine (zinfandel, merlot, burgundy, etc.)
* 1 pint brandy
* 1 cup sugar
* 6 cinnamon sticks
* 12 cloves, whole
* 1/8 tsp allspice
* 1/8 tsp mace
* 2 oranges, sliced
* 1 lemon, sliced
1. Pour the wine into a large pot and begin heating over low heat.
2. As it begins to warm, add sugar and spices. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
3. Add the brandy.
4. Heat thoroughly, but do not allow to boil!
5. Add the lemon and orange.
6. Steep for about 1 hour over low heat.
7. You may add more sugar during this time if desired, stirring well so it disolves.
8. Serve hot and garnish with orange slices. A stick cinnamon could also be used.
Click here to get a better look at the coffee mug color options.
Arrow Gift Shop
201 East Wall Street, Eagle River, Wisconsin 54521,